From Stephen Court at armybarmy blog (at right):
New Year is a good time to assess what is important and avail ourselves of the means of grace to enable us to live up to what we have already attained, and in some cases have yet to attain.
Here are Five For Fighting:
– rations – jacking up your rations in time, depth, intimacy, consistency cannot but help you grow in your relationship with God. If you are not 7/7 each week, this is the clean slate to shoot for 365/365.
– discipling – if you aren’t discipled, get disicpled. If you are, then disciple someone else. Do it.
– evangelising – resolve this year to throw out all the excuses for not evangelising. Get trained up, prayed up, and then lock it into your schedule – evangelise regularly.
– worship – why not determine to worship full out at every corporate opportunity, not being afraid of what other people think, not being distracted by anything outside the room, not being intimidated by demons, and worship like you were in heaven?
– stewardship – I once heard a preacher tell people to ask the Lord how much to give … and then to add a zero. Why not determine this year to be extravagant in your giving, frugal in your spending, and generous in your sharing? Sometimes the gospel is slowed by lack of these characteristics in our stewardship